DGV Nav

Monday, November 3, 2014

The Paradise and The Art of Fantasy

Have you all been watching The Paradise on PBS?  I'm hooked.  I love that they created a British drama about a department store because, admit it, we totally love the subject of shopping.  There is a definite mystic and romance all good department and small boutique and flagship stores have been able to capture in their own unique way.  
If you haven't been watching The Paradise you can catch up on episodes via Netflix and pbs.org.  It is an extremely beautiful show and will draw you right into the story.

Below are a few amazingly beautiful stores.  I think shopping in one of these fantastical places would cause me to mortgage my house.  Fantasy convinces the willing shopper.

Ralph Lauren Flagship Store- Paris

Alannah Hills Sydney store by David Hicks and Soho design
 alt=
Club Monaco Home

chanel

Anthropologie

Odile
Which store do you love to step inside?  You know, the one that inspires you and causes you to forget all reality?
Happy Monday to you all,

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what beautiful stores!!!! I haven't watched this show but I've heard good things about it. I guess I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't heard of the show but it sounds amazing! i'l definitely be checking that out. one of my favorite shopping experiences was harrod's at christmas time. it was truly magical <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, that sounds dreamy! It's on my bucket list...

      Cheers,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  3. I loved Zola's book, and I've been wondering if the show is any good–I must find some time to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read the book! The show is fun, although you might be disappointed after reading the books.

      Cheers,
      Rebecca

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...