DGV Nav

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Eve

Since this is my last post before Halloween, I had to share our Halloween with you.  Children just love to dress up and my kids had very definite ideas about what they wanted to be this year.  My son read the Lord of The Rings books and was set on a Black Rider costume.  I don't know if anyone will know what he is but that's beside the point.  My daughter had to be a wolf.  I had some convincing to do in order to make the costume acceptable to me.  There was just no way I was letting my 1st grader wear some scary wolf costume.  A friend gave me an idea and I designed a fur cape, skirt, leg warmers and gloves with claws.  We purchased a mask online (push the nose and it howls).  I think it is unique and a bit glam!  I also included a nod to Dr. Who with the "bad wolf" embroidered on her fur trick- or- treat bag.  A big thanks to my mom for sewing everything.




I included a few images from our Halloween party last weekend since I don't have the photos my friend took for me yet.  As you can see, there was a lot of sugar!  Again, thank you mom for the treats.
Happy Halloween Eve!

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade costumes! Your kids came up with very creative ideas! I'm impressed your son read Lord of the Rings. I had to read it in school and I don't think I even made it through the entire book. lol. I used to hate reading!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...