DGV Nav

Friday, May 2, 2014

Derby Time

I'm not sure what it is; maybe it's a backlash against all the football hoopla over the years but I am very tempted to make my family and friends sit through a Kentucky Derby party.  They will show up and dangit they will enjoy themselves!  What's not to love: drinking and a very short race.
Here is a little inspiration for my someday event.
Kentucky Derby Party Inspiration  #kentuckyderby
Mint julep cupcakes. Perfect for a Kentucky Derby party.
Mint julep cupcakes.  Yeah, these will be served.
Street Scene Vintage: Derby Party Guide
Minty ice cubes.  How can you have a Derby party without these?
Sounds SO delish... Mint Julep Sorbet in honor of Derby Day:http://www.bonappetit.com/blogsandforums/blogs/badaily/2011/05/mint-julep-sorbet.html
Instead of the traditional mint julep drink, I'm thinking sorbet.  Oh, yeah.
I will get pictures of all the guys drinking from bow-tie julep cups because I'm a good friend like that.

This week has flown by for me!  I'm excited for the weekend and 90 degree weather.  I'm hoping to take the family out to see our hills of famous poppies this afternoon and just enjoy ourselves.  I'm thinking that a stop at In-N-Out burger is in order.  If you've never had the pleasure, you don't know what you're missing.
When I have my mint julep this weekend I will say a cheers to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Here, here–a julep sorbet sounds like just the thing this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...