DGV Nav

Friday, September 6, 2013

Stephen Shubel: San Francisco Loft Tour

You're sure to have seen designer Stephen Shubel's work in various magazines.  His eye-catching designs are eclectic and textural.  He often uses black and white to great effect but he is also know to use white on white relying on massive stone busts and statues or other interesting pieces to tell the story.  I find that when I look at a Shubel room I want to stare and study these spaces that are historically rooted--utilizing bullion trim and Greek columns--yet modern in approach (stacks of books and snap-shots pinned to walls).  
Stephen Shubel source
This San Francisco loft perfectly illustrates the elements of a Shubel masterpiece.  








Stephen Shubel: source
It's Friday!!!  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is beautiful - I would assume no children live there however! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. White upholstered pieces as opposed to slip-covered makes me a bit nervous. I've heard, though, that there are certain outdoor fabrics that completely repel stains and moisture yet are comfortable. I'm thinking of looking into these options myself because I adore white!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Neutral without being neutral, if you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...