DGV Nav

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Spot Sunday: Zucchini Lasagna

Zucchini Lasagna
I saw this image on pinterest and decided that it is an ingenious substitute to use zucchini instead of high-carb pasta in lasagna.  My husband is a type 1 diabetic so I am always on the lookout for healthy dinner ideas.  I am super lazy, though, so I didn't follow her recipe but I will try it her way next time.  I have to say that I liked it the way I made it also:

I cooked about 1 cup of chicken sausage (from Trader Joe's).  I put the cooked sausage into the bottom of a baking dish and added spaghetti sauce with that.  Then I layered on the thinly sliced zucchini adding more sauce and a bit of mozzarella cheese (it's what I had in the fridge) layering more zucchini and topping it with more sauce and cheese.  I baked mine in a 350 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.  Simple and delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks fabulous!! JM (my fiance) is a Type 1 also, so we really are conscious of our carbohydrate intake. This looks like a really delicious but filling dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to have shared it then! It really is good.

      Rebecca

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...