DGV Nav

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sweet Spot Sunday: Black and White and Red All Over

The Major and the Minor
image via
Since the Cat and I are still on vacation, I thought I would just do a quick post on one of my favorite movies, The Major and the Minor.  I can't remember the first time I actually saw this movie- way, way back when I stayed home from school one day, maybe.  But I love it.  It stars Ginger Rogers as Sue-Sue Applegate, a small town girl who tried to make it in New York only to realize the city was too big and she wanted to go home.  The problem arises when she goes to buy a train ticket, only to discover the fares have gone up and she doesn't have enough money.  She solves the problem by pretending to be a kid (hence the minor) to get a discounted price.  Mayhem ensues when she makes it onto the train and in order to hide from a suspicious conductor, ducks into the car of Major Kirby.
It is a super cute movie and I love it and I love that Rebecca bought me a copy of it for my birthday.  I had it on tape, but no longer have a working VCR, so I was so happy to receive a dvd of the movie.  And a bottle of Lindemans Framboise in raspberry.  This is my kind of beer; have you tried it?  Rebecca introduced me to it a while ago, and it is delicious, people.  They sell it at Trader Joe's and BevMo.  Go forth and purchase some- raspberry and cherry (kriek) are my favorites, but there are other flavors too.  It pairs perfectly with an old black and white movie, by the way!
image via

image via

image via
image via

image via
I recommend taking the time to watch the movie.  And drinking the beer.  Trust me!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...