DGV Nav

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Won't You be My Neighbor?

Desert Girls Vintage


On Friday, after returning from a field trip to the Ronald Reagan Library (where my students were amazing, I must say!), the Cat and I ran a couple of errands, which included ducking into Marshall's for a return and a quick look around.  This trip happened to be pretty productive.  Sadly, no new clothes for either myself or the Cat, but I did find a couple of prints for my bedroom (and Rebecca approves!  Hooray!), a small vial of powdery glitter (you should always have glitter in your house, right?), and a couple of books.  Oh, and some bath mats, but that's kind of boring.  Soft, fluffy, boring bath mats that were on clearance, 2 for $12.  They are the best bath mats ever, so I am a happy girl.
Anyway.  I also got a couple of books.  Oh, and some stationery.  (I did say this was a productive trip, right?)
So, the books I got were a little random.  One is a collection of quotes from one Mr. Fred Rogers, whom I love.  When my little AlliCat was little, she loved watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, and I loved watching it with her.  In the aftermath of the attack on Boston, many of my friends posted a wonderful Fred Rogers' quote on facebook, which I'm sure you've seen but I'll post anyway.


I can't wait to thumb through my new book of quotes. I think it will be well worth the $2!
The other book I bought is The Cocktail: 200 Fabulous Drinks by Jane Rocca.  I had seen this book before and was drawn to it because, hello, cocktails! , but also because of the artwork in the book.
The illustrations are done by Australian artist Kat Macleod.  She works with mixed media, and really brings an added flair to the drink recipes.
buy it here

Here are some more examples of her work.
Luggage Set

Dumpling

Traveller
These pieces, along with others, are for sale at Lamington Drive.
Maybe this weekend I'll get to test out at least one recipe from the cocktail book.  I can sip my drink while reading through some quotes by Mr. Rogers.  It'll be a really beautiful day in the neighborhood then.
Oh, and there is still time to sign up for our book swap!  This is such a fun way to connect with other bloggers, share a little something you love, and receive a little something back.  
Have a great weekend!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...