DGV Nav

Monday, January 7, 2013

Malachite

photo-dictionary
Malachite has become very trendy these days, but did you know that it was first mined in Sinai around 4000 BC?{source}and {source} It is actually a copper mineral.  I didn't know any of this.  What I do know is that it became popular in the Victorian era.  As I am reading Anna Karenina right now, I noticed a passage about Anna's "malachite covered blotting book" (pg. 143).
 It is a beautiful material that has inspired fabric as well as numerous other forms of fashion and decor recently.  I am on board with this trend because I think it is far more of a classic than a fad, and because it is just plain beautiful.




Hutton Wilkinson - A sconce backed by malachite wallpaper





love the green!   malachite accents in the bedroom

4 comments:

  1. Malachite is my all time favorite. How did you know?? Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I know now, Cyndee! Thank you.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a gorgeous shade of green! I have a malachite bracelet that I sometimes wear, glad to know it's in fashion.

    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny, Nora, because I had a malachite bracelet (until my daughter broke it). It was my favorite. I will have to find another one which seems like it will be easy since it is "back."

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...