DGV Nav

Friday, August 31, 2012

Freaky Find Friday

Rebecca and I have both been pretty busy lately, what with trips and conferences and school starting back up again, so we have been keeping in touch primarily via text.  A few days ago (before we got to meet for coffee), she texted me an idea she'd had for a reoccurring piece for the blog: Freaky Finds Friday.  Or Friday Freaky Finds.  Or something like that.  This is the inaugural post, so to speak.  Every Friday, we will be bringing you weird things we have spotted while thrifting, antiquing, shopping, or surfing the web.  You are so lucky.  You can thank us later.

So here goes.  I found this little beauty during a quick trip to the local Salvation Army.  She was just hanging out on a shelf, waiting to gussy up some lucky shopper's home.

How do you like them apples?  I think this little lady may have been playing the piano at one point.  Maybe.  I can't think of another reason why she would be crouched down like that, can you?  I love the one green sock/stocking just starting to fold down.  This must be toward the end of a long day playing the piano.  Or maybe she is doing the limbo.
And how about the expression on her face?!

At first glance, she looks like a happy camper; she's all smiles.  But if you look closely, you start to notice the almost sinister look in her eyes.  She looks a little angry, like she's about to yell at you.  Or maybe that's just me.  Look into her eyes and tell me she doesn't look like she's going to come to life and devour your soul.  Again, maybe that's the excess amounts of Doctor Who the Cat and I have been watching lately.
Either way, I hope you enjoy our first official "Freaky Friday Find," and I hope you have a great weekend!

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...