DGV Nav

Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Fun: From The Getty Villa to the Santa Barbara Pier

The summer is going by so quickly!  I am thrilled with the things we have done and the places we have gone.  As I type this we are in the process of packing for our trip to Montana.  It will be a wonderful time for us to visit family and do things that we have never done before, now that my kiddos are getting a bit bigger.  Here are a few of the things we have done thus far this summer:


 At the end of May my husband, Ty, and I were treated by our wonderful friends, the Ryus, to a free weekend hotel stay near Beverly Hills for Ty's birthday. We then zoomed over to the Getty Villa and, let me just say, I have been wanting to visit this museum for a long time and it definitely lived up to my expectations.  If you have never been you should absolutely make it a point to visit if you love beautiful Italianate gardens and architecture, ancient art and artifacts.  Some of the highlights are the statue of Herakles and the busts of famous Roman leaders.  I also loved the great collection of gold jewelry and perfume oil bottles.  The best thing about it, though, was the peace and tranquility.  As parents it is a luxury to be able walk around together in perfect quietude.
I want to go back as soon as possible.

We just returned from a wonderful trip with my parents to Santa Barbara.  We camped together close to El Capitan.  We ate ice cream on the pier, roasted marshmallows, collected sand crabs, made a sand castle and splashed in the waves.  It was a blast.


Ah, summer!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Getty Villa!! The antiquities in Getty's collection are amazing!!

    Have a great time in Montana!! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...