DGV Nav

Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Fun: Chicago

Chicago (as seen from the Lincoln Park Zoo)
The Cat and I recently took a trip to Chicago to visit family.  This was our first time visiting, and it quickly became one of my favorite cities.  As in, I would seriously consider moving there if I didn't have obligations (and family) here in California.  And if my brother and sister-in-law weren't looking to move back to San Francisco in the near-ish future.
One of the first things I noticed about Chicago- besides all of the beautiful architecture and greenery EVERYWHERE- were the people.  Well, the people's clothes, to be more precise.  This is where I feel that I failed as a blogger; The Sartorialist I am not.  I'll blame it on the fact that I have not yet invested in a stellar camera and that my phone is a piece of crap (for lack of a better word).  But from the first day that we were there, from our first outing in Wicker Park, I saw so many stylish people my neck started to hurt from all the head swiveling that I was doing.  Seriously, these Chicagoans care about their outfits and they put together some pretty fabulous ones.  Even in a heatwave.
Even though I cannot provide you with Chicago style outfit inspiration, I can give you a sneak peek into our fabulous vacation.

|1| This is such a nice touch for guests- on the nightstand in the guest room, Becky (my sister-in-law) had pamphlets and maps about Chicago laid out, along with books on Chicago that she checked out especially for the Cat and me. |2| First day out, walking to get brunch, we came upon what looked like an ordinary little yard sale but was, in fact, an "Upscale Garage Sale."  Brilliant.  More like a little store than a yard sale, as it extended into the garage and was beautifully curated and arranged. |3| Becky had long been wanting to try these donuts from Glazed and Infused- we made sure to make it happen.  With flavors like Creme Brulee , S'mores, and Maple Bacon Long John, these are a must if you go to Chicago!  |4| The 4th of July proved so hot after a local parade in Oak Park, we spent the day in the fabulous Museum of Science and Industry (the main building dates back to the Chicago World Fair!) |5| An "I Spy" exhibit at the museum.  |6| Aunt Becky and the Cat chilling out on the tenth floor of the absolutely gorgeous library in downtown Chicago.  |7| The Cat and Uncle Dave going incognito at The Boring Store, the coolest spy shop around.  |8| Travelin' Dan hanging out at Sears Willis Tower.

Hope you enjoyed the peek into our trip, and I hope you have a great weekend!
~Lori
  



2 comments:

  1. I wish we'd had more time, there are so many places I didn't get to share with you guys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...