DGV Nav

Friday, July 27, 2012

Inspiration: Living Art

The Cat and I were up watching movies the other night (well, some Arrested Development and some Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and one movie- Return to Me)  when we got the late night munchies.  What we really wanted was some caramel marshmallow popcorn, but I didn't have any popcorn.  So I thought about the ingredients I had on hand (my cupboards resemble Old Mother Hubbard right now) and realized I could make these Peanut Butter Oat Balls by Poppytalk.  After I was done whipping those up, I sat down and looked around the blog.  I'm glad I did!  There was a post about an art installation in London, at Kings Cross.  Artist Anna Garforth created this moss installation on a railway wall.
photo by James Jones, image via Poppytalk
photo by James Jones, image via Poppytalk
How cool is that?  I think it is so visually striking.  Amazing.  Awesome.  I want this in my yard.  And if this little trick I found on pinterest actually works, then maybe I could make it happen!  I had pinned this diy "moss paint" a little while ago; I love moss!  Maybe I watched Swamp Thing one too many times growing up.  I don't know.
image found on pinterest, via oh montreal
Okay.  So this is moss paint, and after a little snooping, guess what I found?  The recipe is from none other than Anna Garforth, the artist who created the moss art installation at Kings Cross.  So I'm betting the recipe actually works, given you have the proper climate and conditions and all that jazz.

Here's the recipe:
Blend one can of beer (or 12 oz of buttermilk), a few handfulls of moss, and a teaspoon of sugar in a blender until liquid.  Paint on a wall.  Water it daily (misting it with a spray bottle should work).  Thanks to the blog Oh Montreal, there is a great link to Popular Mechanics that gives a great step by step on making what they call "moss graffiti."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...