DGV Nav

Monday, July 30, 2012

Farewell to Summer

Well, this Monday signifies the end of summer for me, as I am allowed to go pick up the keys to my classroom and start putting my room together for a new school year.  I can't believe that school is going to start next week!  We do not officially start, with kiddos in the classroom, until next Thursday.  Having all this week and more than half of next to prepare my classroom would normally be very welcome indeed, but I don't actually get this full week to work in my room; I have to go to San Diego.  Don't get me wrong; I love San Diego.  I love Coronado Island and Old Town.  But this isn't a last hurrah vacation kind of deal; it is for a conference.  It should be good, and I am looking forward to learning new techniques to employ in my classroom, but, well, I would love to have that time to work in my classroom.  Oh well!  I can take comfort in the fact that this conference will help me be better prepared to prepare my new set of kiddos, right?  Anyway.



I'm sad to see this summer go, but I can't complain; we got to do a lot of fun stuff and we got to make some pretty fantastic memories! Now I'm off to my classroom to get it set up. For the past two years, I've done a Hollywood theme, but I've decided that this year I am going to switch back to my old favorite, Alice in Wonderland. Rebecca's party reminded me how much I LOVE this theme, so I am excited to go back to it. My class is just a bungalow (wow- David Lee Roth just popped into my head. Not just a gigalo- just a bungalow), so it has its issues.  I've got to get creative about how I decorate, but I've got a few tricks up my teaching sleeves that I'll  have to show you in another post, once I get my classroom up and ready.  For now,   I hope you enjoy your Monday!  Here's a little Roth for ya, since he's now dancing around my head, singing.
image via daylife

~Lori




2 comments:

  1. ahhh yes, a perfect post for today...adios summer! I also love how you call your class a bungalow instead of a portable....that's what we had in my elementary school back in my day....a long line of bungalows! And, Alice in Wonderland sounds like a fabuloso theme...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to be able to go in today. After sitting and staring at my room for 30 minutes wondering where to start, I finally got crackin! I wish I had the whole week to get it ready! Oh well! It'll have to wait until next week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...