DGV Nav

Monday, January 2, 2012

Vintage Vogue Covers

British Vogue capsule cover images.  I was inspired by this book.


If you are like me you can't get enough of the beautiful images in Vogue, especially the vintage ones.  Not only are they gorgeous from a fashion standpoint but the photographs, or sketches in the very old issues, are classic.  This book would be a wonderful gift and look great in any space.  Flip through, and be inspired by this periodic institution of fashion and art.


Here are a few examples: 


One of my favorite covers is this 1914 issue.

1914


1925








1926





1929 Vogue



1935


I have always thought that these covers would be great for decorating.  They would look great in a closet (like one from Lori's post "Fabulous Closets," a feminine office or a little girl's room.

A beautiful art wall of vintage Vogue covers.
glamorous little corner

fun accent under a sconce

You can purchase poster prints on Art.com. I think I will!


1 comment:

  1. where can I buy this book ?

    Platinum Fashion Agency - Australia x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...