DGV Nav

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thrifted: Buffalo and Beads

I have been wanting a blue gingham shirt for a little while now; I just think they are so classic.  I had a smaller  gingham print in mind, but when I found this one for $2 at a thrift store, I couldn't pass it up.  Today was a day of helping move furniture (Rebecca, Ty, and the kids came to pick up my dresser to stain it!!!), buying paint, and picking up around the house before getting ready to head back to the theater to get ready for the play my daughter and I are in.  

cardigan- Forever 21
shirt- thrifted
jeans- Tommy Hilfiger
belt- thrifted
necklace- thrifted
shoes- Zara
 I threw this outfit on right before Ty and Rebecca stopped by.  (I figured pajamas would be inappropriate attire.)  I was happy enough with the jeans, shirt, cardigan, and belt, but I felt like it needed a little more oomph before I headed out the door to pick up paint for my bedroom ceiling (Rebecca has a vision for my room and I am all too happy to run with it!).



I added this necklace, another thrift store find.  It reminds me of the one from Two Broke Girls (a show on CBS), but kind of a more everyday version, since that one is pearls.  This necklace has white beads.  I seem to gravitate toward simple bead necklaces like this.  I am guessing it's because I have some that were my Gram's that were passed along to me.  I like that the style of this particular necklace is so formal, but the plastic-y beads give the piece a fun twist.  I also added my new navy blue clutch that I found at the Goodwill for $4 for a final touch.  Simple, but fun.
~Lori

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...