DGV Nav

Saturday, January 14, 2012

DIY Doily Runner

Pinned Image
My inspiration from Pinterest.
I absolutely loved this doily runner when I saw it.  Doilies are one of those little useless, dated items that are pretty but conjure up images of dusty displays of fussy arrangements.  I love this modern, "granny chic" design, because it allows the beauty of a collection of doilies and their intricate details to show up.  They look like a bunch of snowflakes or pinwheels!



I got these doilies from my mom, and that makes it all the more special because she made many of them.  I have limited sewing skills, so let me assure you that it is a very easy project and took me only a few hours.
First, lay out the doilies in order then stack them.  Stitch them together where ever they overlap and every once in a while, lay it out and take a look to make sure it is becoming what you want.
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...