DGV Nav

Thursday, November 24, 2011

This is David.



He has been in our family for years.  My Dad bought him for my Gram decades and decades ago, and he used to live in my Gram's garden when I was little.  I have always loved this statue (somewhere there is a picture of two year old me hugging him and giving him a peck on the cheek). When my Gram passed away, David came home to my Mom's house, and when Alli was about two, I was able to snap a picture that mirrored the one of me hugging David (she has always loved him too).  When I bought my house, my Mom gave David to me.  It has become a tradition that we dress the statue up for holidays.  It started as a joke one fourth of July when I put a red, white, and blue ribboned hair tie around his neck like a tie.  He looked very festive, so when Halloween rolled around, I got him a little witch hat.  And from that, our little tradition was born.  So here is our statue of David, sporting his little Pilgrim hat, wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...