DGV Nav

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello Baby!

As soon as my good friend Min found out she was expecting a little girl, I started planning, with my friends
Christine (who volunteered her lovely house), Kaley and Sara, to give her a pretty and girly baby shower.  We wanted it to be special and intimate and I believe that is just what it ended up being!

Diaper wreath:  I got this idea from Pinterest.com.  I simply
tied diapers to a wire hanger with ribbon.  Super easy and cute.
My mom got this metal stork for my baby shower and has been
used a few times since.  What a great find, Mom!


We got this little story book for Min and had everyone in
attendance add a little wish or message for the new baby.



It took 6 bunches of carnations to create this gorgeous arrangement!  Carnations have a bad rap, but used in large amounts they have tremendous impact.



I created this baby's breath ball that hung from the center of
30 yards of tented tulle (another idea from pinterest.com). At the last minute I decided that it needed to have some ribbon
trailing down, and then I attached these cute little clothes
cut-outs with clothes pins that Christine had.


Christine created this adorable bunting banner.

Candy is a great decoration!

Another darling detail that Christine added: doily backing with little bows and a poem on water bottles.





Yummy and beautiful cupcakes by Christine



The food was delicious and one of the best things about the afternoon!
Thanks again Christine.



Min's friend Sara brought the cake made by a wonderful local bakery, Nadia Cakes.

Min, my beautiful friend and mommy to be, and me.

I couldn't resist showing my friend Monica's shoes....cute!

My friend, Kaley, wanted to have all the ladies do a
flower arrangement to take along with them, instead of
the traditional games.


We had the best time just chatting and tucking flowers into our individual and unique tea cups!

Everyone has signed the story book!

What a fun and lovely afternoon with old and new friends!  It was so special to honor Min and welcome her new baby and I was privileged to be apart of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...