DGV Nav

Friday, October 7, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

 Some time ago, I read about this book on epbot.com.  The cover intrigued me (even as an English major, I can't help but judge a book by its cover sometimes).  The synopsis sounded interesting, and the pictures are amazing, but it was the book previews that really got to me.  The author, Ransom Riggs, created a kind of movie/book preview for this book, and it is pretty amazing.  He went a step further and posted a making-of-the-book-preview video, complete with narration.  That video shows how he hopped on a plane to Europe, met up with a Dutch urban explorer, and went hunting for the home he had created in his book.  They went to abandoned castles and chateaus in Belgium and Luxembourg and kind of just trespassed and found some amazingly beautiful scenes that fit in with the aesthetic of the book.  This video made me rush out and buy the book (admittedly, I have not had time to actually read the book yet).  More than that, though, it makes me want to hop on a plane to Europe and become an urban explorer.  Yes, I still want to do the normal sightseeing stuff, and I still want to get in plenty of shopping, but I also want to climb trees and break into abandoned houses just to look around.  I guess I'd better make sure that I have the number of the American Embassy with me when I go.  Better safe than sorry, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...